FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live event mixing, general and audio questions ATEM Television Studio

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ivan Bercholz
Live event mixing, general and audio questions ATEM Television Studio
on Jun 23, 2011 at 7:54:04 pm

I'm going to be doing my first live event multi camera mixing in October with a couple of EX3s and the new Blackmagic ATEM Television Studio. I wanted to see if anyone with experience can tell me if there is something I'm missing or leaving out in my planing.

The event is a live webcast and recording for DVD and Bluray distribution. My plan is to have the house sound run to both of my ex3s via xlr and then send the video and sound together via hdsdi to my mixing table, then from there send my live cuts to the encoder via one sdi output and record via kipro on the other. The only people I'm planning on hiring are the 2 camera operators and the encodist, with myself doing the mixing and recording. Is this enough? Will there be audio sync issues if the sound is routed the way I mentioned? If so, what would be the solution?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Bruce Wheaton
Re: Live event mixing, general and audio questions ATEM Television Studio
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:21:03 pm

A/V sync should be fine. There's almost no latency on the analog run to the cameras, and the audio path through the Atem should be fine. But what mixer will take audio from HD-SDI inputs?

It would be more usual to take a finished mix from the house - try to make sure it's an aux or similar, so your levels aren't affected too much by the needs of mixing the PA - and insert that into the switcher just to embed the audio and record it with the video.

Request or bring isolating transformers in case of ground loops between you and the house system.

Bruce

Regards,

Bruce Wheaton
http://www.synchromeshDDR.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]