FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live recordings

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corbin Todd
Live recordings
on Jun 23, 2011 at 6:54:26 pm

Ok, so this is an area I have zero experience in. The company I work for is adding a demonstration auditorium in the building in order to bring groups of people in to demo the products that we sell. Im being tasked with finding a system that we can have like 5 to 6 cameras, some form of display for the audience, and recording of the event (not sure if they want the individual camera recordings or the live recording). What kind of set up should I be looking for? Does FCP 7 have the ability to handle this kind of work? Like I said I have 0 knowledge of this kind of thing. Any and all input is helpful. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Live recordings
on Jul 1, 2011 at 1:26:41 pm

Corbin, this is a very big question, and I think it's probably beyond the scope of help you can reasonably get from a web forum. The final system design will depend on many factors specific to your needs -- which haven't even been fully defined yet.

I'd suggest you seek the consultation of a systems integrator or live events technical director to help you determine your needs, then design a system that will meet them.

FCP7 is a non-linear video editor, built for use in post-production. It does not have a toolset for live event production.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Corbin Todd
on Jul 13, 2011 at 4:15:15 pm

Walter, thank you for your input. I did after the fact find that FCP would not be suitable for this situation. I wish I would have been able to provide more details as to what the needs would be, but I gave everything I could. The company CEO doesnt seem to know what they want....

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jul 13, 2011 at 10:57:15 pm

[Corbin Todd] "Walter, thank you for your input."

You're welcome. I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

[Corbin Todd] "I wish I would have been able to provide more details as to what the needs would be, but I gave everything I could. The company CEO doesnt seem to know what they want...."

Of course, it's hard to design a solution for a problem that isn't defined yet.

I think the best advice we could give at this point is to try to define the problem. How large is the demo space? What are the products being demoed? How many people in the group? Is the primary purpose image magnification for those in the audience, or is it more important to use the footage of these demos outside of the demo itself? To that end, what would you actually want to see on-screen?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]