FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-HMX100

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aj Simeone
Panasonic AG-HMX100
on May 16, 2011 at 3:44:52 pm

I'm curious if anyone knows if it will take video signal going through an RCA to BNC wire. And same with output, if I can use any monitor going from BNC to RCA.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
Re: Panasonic AG-HMX100
on May 16, 2011 at 6:45:11 pm

No reason why it shouldn't. Just make sure you use good quality RCA cables and that they fit tightly onto your BNC adapter. If you are using an adapter cable, as long as it is professionally made and wired correctly, you should be fine.

Return to posts index

Phil Senger
on May 17, 2011 at 5:17:50 pm

Just a quick note, all BNC are not the same. Old school BNC was either a composite signal (same as RCA in consumer) or component (need three to generate proper colour/ signal). Nowadays, BNC is used for HD/SD-SDI signals, some switchers will have the ability to switch output formats. I believe the HMX-100 is an SDI switcher, I doubt it has the ability to do composite, but I don't have one so I could be wrong. It may have a composite out just for monitoring, but again I'm not 100% sure. I did a quick google search and it looks to be SDI in/out.

Phil Senger

SW Audio+Visual
Vancouver, BC
http://www.sw-online.com

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on May 18, 2011 at 5:08:34 pm

Phil makes a good point. If you are saying you are trying to take the SDI output of this mixer and use it with a monitor that has an RCA video input, you may have a problem. As far as I know there is no SDI equipment that uses RCA's. You may have some confusion about formats, as I think your monitor may not be able to SDI.

Return to posts index

Aj Simeone
on May 18, 2011 at 6:18:08 pm

That was part of it, I was curious because I was able to hook up pc's(i know the pc signal recognized it), document cameras and analog signals from a camera through the two analog hookups. But I was not able to receive any output from the mixer to monitors or projectors I hooked up. I was trying to figure out where my initial problem started. Leaning towards the inputs should be working fine, but I don't have the proper equipment to output them through - yet. I received different answers from the company I purchased it from if it would work or not.

Thank you for your reply.

AJ

Return to posts index

Josh Lewis
on Jun 24, 2011 at 9:16:24 pm

AJ,

I ran into a similar problem. I just assumed that changing the Video Format from HD to SD (which enables the composite inputs) would somehow enable composite video outputs. I was wrong.

When the video format is set to 480i (SD) the SDI outputs send a standard definition SDI signal. Same pipe, different signal, won't work with a NTSC composite input.
The specs say the Advanced reference output (ADV-REF) is a 75 Ω BNC Analog composite signal Sync: 0.286 V[p-p] (NTSC)/0.3 V[p-p] (PAL) Burst: 0.286 V[p-p] (NTSC)/0.3 V[p-p] (PAL) so I can see how someone could read that as the unit can output NTSC video.
But, the advanced manual says, "this unit is also equipped with the ADV-REF (advanced reference output) connector to output the reference signal with the vertical phase advanced for the input source. This reference signal can be used to minimize the delay of the output signal caused by the system."

Short answer, no NTSC Composite Video output from the AG-HMX100 as far as I can tell. If anyone can prove otherwise please let me know, and I hope that helps someone, even if the reply is late.

Return to posts index

Tim Whaley
on Sep 1, 2011 at 10:45:28 pm

I have recently started working with an AG-HMX100. I have yet been able to pass SD video through, or for all I know into the switcher. The monitors (a multiview and a production montitor with all known formats available for input) will not read any input when you set up the switcher to 480i. I can not be sure that the video inputs on the switcher even work, since you can't monitor any output from the switcher. Does this switcher even process or output SD?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]