FORUMS: list search recent posts

Barco Screen Pro 2 info

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Lagerlof
Barco Screen Pro 2 info
on May 10, 2011 at 6:22:49 am

Aside from the Barco classes are there any other training materials available, especially online for the screen pro 2 systems. I'm able to to basic stuff on a single screen pro but recently got put onto a system that included the separate controller unit for multiple SP2's and a barco router as well and I definately feel lost.

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
Re: Barco Screen Pro 2 info
on May 13, 2011 at 4:55:12 am

Hi eric,

Manuals go a long way, keep reading and experimenting (if you have the opportunity), since that's really the only way you'll feel confortable in that seat. You basically need to grasp layering but video engineering knowledge doesn't hurt. After that you can pretty easily move on to the Encore system which is in high demand in corporate.

Here is some training info

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Eric Lagerlof
on May 13, 2011 at 5:11:36 pm

Vince, thanks for the reply. And your web site looks quite nice.

Can't afford Barco's training programs. I'm kicking myself for not having gone when Folsom was offering much less expensive training, though the 'layers' concept seems new to Barco. My two big problems are getting 'free' (non-work) time on any of this gear and secondly, wrapping my head around the manuals.

But let me try a couple questions, that may help me understand a recent situation. Someone tried hooking 5 computer sources to a Barco 16x16 matrix router and then patch the outputs to 4 seperate ScreenPro 2's. Except he only used two inputs on each ScreenPro and was trying to use the router to send all 5 grafx machines to each ScreenPro 2 input. (Everything was on ethernet.) I wasn't sure if the ScreenPro 2 Controller could not only tell the router to switch signals to any given ScreeenPro2 input but also load a new input configuration file with the signal to that input?

Another way to put this is to ask, ScreenPro controller or not, does each ScreenPro2 have to have one unique signal per input? Should he have DA'd each GRFX source to each ScreenPro 2 seperately?

Return to posts index

Vince Becquiot
on May 14, 2011 at 5:32:57 pm

I hear you on class cost...

If I understand your question: Yes, if the signal format changes / goes away on a particular input, you would have to refresh/reload and possibly manually reconfigure that input via the menu, no other automated way that I know of.

Vince Becquiot

Kaptis Studios
San Francisco - Bay Area

Return to posts index

Eric Lagerlof
on May 15, 2011 at 3:32:52 pm

It would be REALLY nice if someone could put some Barco training stuff on You Tube... Maybe Barco would try and shut it down?

Your response about inputs does make sense to me. It does seem like the flowchart for the show was incorrect. (The in-house guy who originally put the flowchart together eventually re-wired the system, staying up til about 4am. The show went well and the guy stayed awake through the whole show. To be 20-something years old again:-)

So it seems that the ScreenPro2 will need to be upstream of the router in any siuation where scaling is required. Good to know. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Bruce Wheaton
on Jun 28, 2011 at 6:15:03 pm

The ScreenPro should probably be downstream of the router, so it can get any source and convert it to the resolution of the projector - that's the point. It sounds like you should have had a controller, so you could control the router and ScreenPro, and associate an input channel with each router input.

There is also a secret way to get an auto-locking input active on a ScreenPro, but it's an advanced feature - if your guy couldn't set the SP-II up, he wouldn't be ready to deal with it.

Bruce

Regards,

Bruce Wheaton
http://www.synchromeshDDR.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]