FORUMS: list search recent posts

video for xl projection

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miki Shalom
video for xl projection
on Mar 29, 2011 at 10:46:38 am

Hello boys and girls,
looking for you to share some of your experience... I have a 15 minute clip that I need to play in loop for 6 months straight. It was shot in RED, its currently in DPX and I'm planning to finish with prores 422 hq and use a mac mini to play it. I've tried other formats but was not happy with the quality (it's 6x5 meter projection so every pixel counts). Now, I've been running some tests playing the fie in loop for a few days now and I'm not sure but I think its started skipping some frames in the last day. anyway, my questions are:
can you tip me on software that lets you know if it skipped frames while playing? (i'm using qt now)
other suggestions regarding my workflow (such as a lossless alternative to prores 422 hq) would be greatly appreciated
thank you
Miki

Return to posts index

Chris Eschweiler
Re: video for xl projection
on Mar 29, 2011 at 3:08:33 pm

HI, Miki.

I think you might want to consider thinking about this from the end of the chain rather than the beginning.

What are you using for display your clip? A projector, or a video wall, or...???

Before I could make any suggestions, I'd like to know what the resolution of the display device is and then work backwards.

But. That could just be me.

C*

Return to posts index

Seth Tours
on Apr 16, 2011 at 2:32:56 am

Miki,

We don't use computers to playback digital signage for long periods of time if we can help it. Too many things that can go wrong and break / overheat / whatever else.

We have been using these BightSign boxes for a while with a lot of success.

http://www.brightsign.biz/products/hd210.php

I like them because they are solid state. No moving parts. They also resume the presentation automatically after restart.

Hope that helps,
Seth

Return to posts index

Phil Cane
on Apr 27, 2011 at 7:05:16 pm

For solid state playback, we have been using these boxes:
http://www.technovision.com/dv75.html

We have about 45 in our rental inventory, and have not had a problem in two years with them working on tours for months at a time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]