FORUMS: list search recent posts

SDI to DVI problem

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Scott Tomashek
SDI to DVI problem
on Feb 16, 2011 at 7:54:44 pm

I posted this on the broadcast forum, but it's really an IMAG question:

I am working with a customer who just purchased the AV-HS450 switcher from panasonic. It is running in 480i mode. They have Panasonic PT-D6000 projectors. There is no SDI input on that unit so they got a Black Magic SDI to HDMI converter. Plugged in an HDMI to DVI cable and fired it up. We had an image, but it was all green. After some phone calls, Black Magic stated that their box only outputs YUV color space. When hooking up HDMI directly to the projector (from and HMC-150) it worked fine.

So then we got an AJA HI5 converter. This has jumpers for RGB or YUV output. This should work fine. However, now we get just a black image.

They hooked up the HI5 to a standard DVI monitor and also had a black image.

We demonstrated the issue with the Black Magic converter to a Panasonic engineer and he was stumped.

Running coax to the projector with a 3' HDMI - DVI cable.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Scott Buford
Re: SDI to DVI problem
on Feb 23, 2011 at 5:37:58 pm

Not sure what is happening with your AJA box.

One suggestion though. I know on some of the Panasonic projectors I've worked with, there is the option to change from YUV to RGB color space, and vice versa. If you haven't already, you might want to dig through the menus and see if you can adjust this. It's hard to tell from the manual, but try "System Selector" under the Picture Sub Menu.

Hope this helps.

-Scott

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]