FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 simultaneous HD input on mac

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Ordiner
2 simultaneous HD input on mac
on Feb 7, 2011 at 9:20:11 am

Hi,
I'm looking for something tath allow me to capture 2 simultaneous HD input on a mac (book or pro).
My goal is to acquire a video program (SDI live switcher out) and a PC out (vga->DVI or HDMI or SDI) and use them in software like Wirecast for live streaming and recording.

Do you know Apple keynote? I've 3 differents state: speaker full screen / PC fullscreen / PiP of this two sources.

Can I use a single card dual-input, or two separate cards, but can not find anything like that.

Do you have any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: 2 simultaneous HD input on mac
on Feb 7, 2011 at 2:27:15 pm

Is not practical to simply handle all sources and PiPs in the switcher in this case?

You might check out BoinxTV [link]. There's a demo you could try to see if it suits your needs.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Alex Ordiner
on Feb 7, 2011 at 4:04:48 pm

Thanks Walter.

I know BonixTV and it can be a Wirecast alternative, but I can't use the PiP of switcher.
Most of the time we also need to project the PGM of live switcher during the event.
So we have: live switcher for camera, a mixer for projector (program out, pc, logo, ...) and something to re-mix of these two sources for streaming.

A software solution is more flexible than another extron/kramer switcher. (I can customize the stream with logos, text, background and so on.. that I do not want are projected).

I hope that you understand my bad English.

Thanks again

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Feb 15, 2011 at 5:11:22 pm

Hi Alex -- I'm curious if you were able to find a usable software solution. If you are willing to share, I'd love to hear a little more about how you solved this problem. Thanks!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Alex Ordiner
on Feb 16, 2011 at 8:41:38 am

Hi Walter,
certainly I will let you know if i find a solution!

Very thanks
Alex

Return to posts index

Rob Duncan
on Feb 25, 2011 at 5:01:41 pm

Wirecast will take in multiple inputs.
Gathering the inputs is easiest with a desktop machine that has PCI card slots for a Blackmagic card (or equivalent), though external devices would also work with a laptop, if necessary.

I've been waffling between using retail software like Wirecast, and homebrewing my own solution using Quartz Composer, available as a free download with the Apple Developer Tools. It's a project that'll sit on the back burned for the next month though, as I'm all booked up until April.

Let me know how you make out.

Rob.

--------------
Freaky People Productions,
Live Event Technical Production
Toronto, CANADA

Return to posts index

Alex Ordiner
on Mar 1, 2011 at 10:28:43 am

Thanks Rob,
I had also thought of using Quartz Composer, but I would prefer a solution like Wirecast (for now).
I have not much time available and the learning curve of QC is hard

The question is: if I put two Blackmagic cards in a MacPro, Wirecast operates 2 HD SDI input without problems?

I will write to Telestream ...

thanks again

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]