FORUMS: list search recent posts

Synchronize 2 videos with different outputs

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Oscar Rosales
Synchronize 2 videos with different outputs
on Jan 13, 2011 at 3:20:28 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a problem, i need a cost effective alternative to synchronize 2 videos that go to different outputs, one output is a Projector and the other output is a Dual TV Screen arrengement (1 computer with dual output), for effectiveness purposes let's assume i only have 2 outputs, so the problem is 2 videos each to an output in sync. I don't know if i will have to work with 1 or more computer to play the videos. I have worked with Dataton Watchout but i believe that it's an expensive solution mainly because i don't need multidisplay projection, i just need that 2 videos that go to separate outputs get i sync. Of course ill prefer something Watchout like in the Timeline sense, so i don't need additional hardware just some server and the two clients.

Thanks for your answers,

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Synchronize 2 videos with different outputs
on Jan 13, 2011 at 7:59:17 pm

[Oscar Rosales] "i need a cost effective alternative to synchronize 2 videos that go to different outputs, one output is a Projector and the other output is a Dual TV Screen arrengement (1 computer with dual output), for effectiveness purposes let's assume i only have 2 outputs, so the problem is 2 videos each to an output in sync. I don't know if i will have to work with 1 or more computer to play the videos."

I'm a little unclear on your displays and what you mean by "dual output." Are both of your televisions getting the same video feed? Or is each set getting a different video feed from a dual-output display, making this a three-channel system?

WATCHOUT is great for projects like these where you need a high degree of show control. If you're just running a single video or a video loop, you might do well with simpler media players like network-synched Brightsigns. (Here's a recent thread including some discussion on Brightsign players [link].)

If you already have a high-spec PC or Mac-based playback system that you like, and if all your content across all screens is the same length, you might use a Matrox GXM [link] to ouput two or three discrete channels of video from a single computer.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Oscar Rosales
on Jan 13, 2011 at 8:11:03 pm

Ok don't worry about the Dual TV, i already solved that, my problem is that i have 2 videos and each video goes to a different output, one output is a projector and the other output are two TVs but this TVS are playing the same video. So 1 video file goes to the projector and the other video file goes to both of the TVs, but the problem is i need both output in sync so i need something like a timeline to keep them in sync

Oscar Rosales Zarur
IT Manager
Museo del Caribe

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Jan 14, 2011 at 3:17:06 pm

[Oscar Rosales] "So 1 video file goes to the projector and the other video file goes to both of the TVs, but the problem is i need both output in sync so i need something like a timeline to keep them in sync"

You might look into the solutions I mentioned in my last post. You could play these off synced dedicated media players like the Brightsigns, or if you combined both files into one very wide video (for example, two 1920x1080 videos become one 3840x1080 video), you could use a high-end PC with a Matrox DualHead.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]