FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting up multi camera shoot

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Berwald
Setting up multi camera shoot
on Dec 11, 2010 at 4:17:57 pm

Hi, I am setting up a 5 camera live shoot for a project and was wondering if anyone could help me out with some details. I have 5 cameras each running into a ccu with triax cable and then going to a switcher with BNC cable then to the monitors and then to the record deck. does anyone know a site that would have a good diagram to help me out with specific details about the connections and cables and signal flow so that i make sure it all works together. thanks

Return to posts index

Bob Zelin
Re: Setting up multi camera shoot
on Dec 12, 2010 at 5:38:05 pm

Every camera CCU has multiple video outputs. CCU Monitor Video out goes to your repeat monitor for each cam. CCU Video out goes to the switcher input for each cam (Cam 1 goes to input 1, etc.).
Switcher PGM out goes to your main TV monitor (and pvw out goes to your preview monitor). Second program out goes to your Record VTR.

Most inexpensive modern switchers have a muti viewer built into them, so you don't need seperate monitors to create a monitor wall - just a large plasma display.

You have not given ANY specifics on what equipment you are using (like what switcher you are using).

Bob Zelin

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
Re: Setting up multi camera shoot
on Jan 13, 2011 at 1:22:32 pm

I would suggest spending a few $$$ and getting an experienced person. A flow chart is all well and good but if something does not go according to plan you will need a experienced troubleshooter.

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]