FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing and Synching 12 video streams

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miki Shalom
Playing and Synching 12 video streams
on Dec 12, 2010 at 12:18:42 pm

Thank you for the knoledgeble responses,
now, turns out things will end up little different than what was initially planned (i am not surprised). I am now looking into synching 12 different videos which will run on 12 different laptops.
will, again, appreciate if you could share your knowledge.
thanks,
Miki Shalom

Hello there,
I'm due to start a project soon which will require playing a number of videos streams (from 1 to 4) on 12 different video screens. The base setting I had in mind was 4 PCs, each with a Matrox 3 monitor multi display adapter. And BTW, they need to be in sync.
given that, my questions are:
Can I use the matrox card to send the same video signal to all 3 monitors connected to the same station or do I need a system that can play 3 streams simultaneously (one for each screen)?
Should I consider a video splitter instead of a multi display adapter?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Playing and Synching 12 video streams
on Dec 13, 2010 at 2:22:43 am

[Miki Shalom] "I am now looking into synching 12 different videos which will run on 12 different laptops."

I'd suggest Dataton WATCHOUT, if you're running PCs. You can rent the license keys from many staging companies.

If you're running Macs, Renewed Vision Pro Video Player should do what you need.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Playing and Synching 12 video streams
on Dec 13, 2010 at 2:34:39 am

Since it is 12 different videos, frame-accurate sync may not be absolutely necessary. Have a look at the freeware from Multiscreener from http://www.zachpoff.com/software/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]