FORUMS: list search recent posts

7 screens playing HD video

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Sepulveda
7 screens playing HD video
on Nov 30, 2010 at 4:05:57 pm

Hi, I hope someone can help me.
We need to install 7 lcd monitors to play 7 different videos all the same time in HD. The 7 videos must be sync together (all of them to start at the same time). Is there a way to do it through one computer (preferible mac)? Is there an easier way?

Thank you very much for any comments.

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: 7 screens playing HD video
on Nov 30, 2010 at 6:35:37 pm

Hi Daniel,
Have you looked at the BrightSign HD210? It sounds like it may be a possible solution for you.

You can check it out here:

BrightSign HD210

While they only accept MPEG-2 TS video, these modules are self-contained and can be networked together to maintain synchronization.

I would not attempt to run seven HD streams off of a single computer. That's asking for trouble.

Someone here can correct me, but I don't think any more than 3 streams per machine is a good idea, and 3 is pushing it.

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 30, 2010 at 6:44:14 pm

I'm with Joel -- seven streams is be a lot to ask of a single computer. If the reason you want to play these back from a single computer is either cost or space, synched BrightSigns are probably a better solution.

I'll add that while BrightSign uses MPEG2 transport streams, you can use either either the MPEG2 video codec or h264 within the MPEG2 transport stream. It should also be simpler and more reliable in an installation.

If you absolutely must use a single Mac, check out Figure53 QLab. Of course, this will require multiple graphics cards and an internal RAID.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Daniel Sepulveda
on Nov 30, 2010 at 7:10:18 pm

Thank you very much, the HD210 is perfect for what I need. Thank you very much...

Return to posts index

Rob Duncan
on Dec 7, 2010 at 3:05:58 pm

The licensing isn't cheap ($500 a seat, $1000 for the editing master), but synchronous playback of multiple computers can be done with little configuration on a series of Macs using Renewed Vision's Pro Video Player [link].

Add in a few Dual or TripleHead2Go [link] units by Matrox, and you could have 2 or 3 Macs driving all 7 screens in sync.

Rob.

--------------
Freaky People Productions,
Live Event Technical Production
Toronto, CANADA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]