FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need advice on DVI out on AG-HMX100

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alan Teo
Need advice on DVI out on AG-HMX100
on Nov 25, 2010 at 7:25:39 pm

Hi guys,
Needed some advice/ help on the DVI output on the HMX100 mixer. Apparently, the DVI multiviewer can only work on me when the mixer is on 1080i format.

I couldnt get any image out from the DVI multiviewer port when i m on 576i. Is there any setting i missed out? or does the DVI multiviewer work only on 1080i format?

any idea?

Return to posts index

Dan Small
Re: Need advice on DVI out on AG-HMX100
on Dec 15, 2010 at 1:12:23 am

Hi Alan
I have not had any problem going to 480i with the multiviewer. I use a DVI to HDMI cable to go to my monitor and I get Multi view in 1080 and 480.. I do have to have SDI (standard def) when I set the system to this. It will not show any HD at this setting. And conversely when I set it to HD I can only see HD sources.

I was wondering, do you have any problems with audio on this system? I cannot get the audio inputs to take any analog in except the mic input. I cannot find menus to change inputs, and the documentation is pretty weak on this. Even audio with HDMI in I cannot get working. Any thoughts?

Dan

Return to posts index

Keven Wilson
on Jan 4, 2011 at 7:36:34 am

Hey guys I need help. I recently purchased two Canon XHA1s and the Panasonic AG-HMX100. I cannot get the cameras to show up in either HD or SD mode in the multiviewer. I currently have my Macbook in the multiviewer via DVI cable (works just fine). I have the cameras connected via BNC I tried to connect them via the SDI in and the video in. I was reading that the A1s is not SDI, but the manual for the HMX100 says the switcher is SD and HD. Please help, I am new to this.

Thanks in advance,

Keven

Return to posts index

Alan Teo
on Jan 5, 2011 at 5:37:17 am

1. set the hmx100 to SD mode..
2. make sure your XHA1 is in SD mode too
3. make sure the camera output is set to V2. (there a switch at the back of the camera near the battery slot)
4. connect your XHA1 via the BNC port to the video in of HMX100.

By default It should work.

Return to posts index

Keven Wilson
on Jan 5, 2011 at 4:49:27 pm

Thanks Alan, I will try that in a few.

Return to posts index

Josh Lewis
on Jan 5, 2011 at 4:13:07 pm

@Kevin - The BNC output of the Canon XHA1s is analog NTSC. You will need to connect the BNC cable from the video output of the camera to the Video 1 or Video 2 input on the Panasonic AG-HMX100. These inputs only work in SD mode, which you can change in the setup menu. Setup, Rotary 1 to Video Format, Rotary 2 to 480.

@Dan - You assign the audio in the setup menu. Setup, Rotary 1 to Audio Video, Hit Enter twice. Assign Input 1 to the Video Source you want with Rotary 3 and 2 and the Audio Source you want with Rotary 5 and 4.

I had trouble changing inputs 3 & 4 because the default is SDI 3 and 4 respectively, you have to change Rotary 2 to a value of 1 or 2 before you can change from SDI to HDMI because there aren't 3 or 4 HDMI inputs.

Josh Lewis
Production Manager
Alpha Productions - Live Event Production
http://www.alpha-productions.net

Return to posts index

Keven Wilson
on Jan 5, 2011 at 4:53:20 pm

Thanks Josh. I really want to stream in HD. Do you know of a camera similar price of the A1s that will allow me to connect via SDI? We are running video at a church and the budget is limited. I thought the A1s would be able to give me the HD signal needed with this switcher, only to find out it won't. There is a component cable in the box for the cam, is there a way to convert component to SDI?

Thanks again,

Return to posts index

Josh Lewis
on Jan 5, 2011 at 5:04:38 pm

Component to SDI:

http://www.markertek.com/Video-Equipment/Video-Processors/Digital-to-Analog...

I haven't used this model, and most of the other converters are at least $600, and you get what you pay for, and your mileage may vary.

Good luck,

Josh Lewis
Production Manager
Alpha Productions - Live Event Production
http://www.alpha-productions.net

Return to posts index

Keven Wilson
on Jan 5, 2011 at 5:14:30 pm

Thanks Josh

Return to posts index

Alan Teo
on Jan 5, 2011 at 5:18:34 pm

u can try Panasonic hpx 170.

im not sure if the component out of XHA1 is HD or not.

Return to posts index

Alan Teo
on Jan 7, 2011 at 6:10:14 am

hi guys,
anyone able to get the dvi multiviewer to work on 576i mode???

I can get the multiviewer dvi output to work on all formats (480i, 720p n 1080p/i all fine) except 576i.

Return to posts index

Gert-Jan Wieman
on Feb 9, 2011 at 9:22:14 pm

Hi Alan,

I've got exactly the same problem with the multiview screen in 576i mode.
The strange thing is that when i connect a DVD player directly to the screen, it will work, so the screen is fine.
Connecting the multiview output (dvi/hdmi) to the screen will do something but it doesn't look like it should be.

When i connect the multiview output to my tv in the living or bedroom, it will work in both cases, the only thing is that the picture is underscanned or overscanned (a small part of the multiview screen cannot been seen).

I was thinking that maybe the 576i signal is wrong, so i tried to put a HDMI upscaler in between. The problem was still there for some reason.

So i think you can conclude that the 576i signal is wrong.. Maybe panasonic has a solution? Otherwise you can buy a SDI monitor ora SDI to HDMI converter.

Return to posts index

Baskaran Munusamy
on May 24, 2011 at 4:19:30 am

Hi, I need help with the same problem, unable to get multi-view out on a dvi-d monitor for 576-50i format, thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

shireen choo
on May 26, 2011 at 5:15:48 pm

I am having the same problem here.
I cannot get video signal with the 15" commercial LED monitor (HDMI input) but when I tried it out with a full HD monitor 9" using the same 576i output source it works.

I've read in some of the forums here that this could be due to HDCP compliant issue. I've just tried out the Gefen HDMI Detective Plus and it still doesn't work.

Advice anyone?

Return to posts index

Mark McKittrick
on Sep 20, 2011 at 4:51:32 pm

So here's a new twist on the same problem... I can get the switcher's multi-view to work with any signal output BUT 1920x1080. The monitor's resolution is sufficient (It's an HP 2310e with a native 1920x1080 resolution at 60Hz) and it connected with a DVI-D cable.

Every time the HMX100 is set to 1080 59i, the monitor reads: "Signal Out Of Range"

Has anyone had any luck with this?

Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

Patrick Shownes
on Jan 24, 2012 at 12:38:01 am

I have discovered that when in 1080 mode, the output isn't actually 1920 x 1080; it's actually 1920 x 1079. The HP monitor may have issues with the non-standard resolution.

I am having issues with my Samsung 2420 not displaying a signal from the mulitviewer in anything other than 1080. Tomorrow I am going to try a few other things to get it to kick over and function on 480. I didn't have a chance to experiment with other monitors.

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 9, 2015 at 3:38:36 pm

Finally, I found some people with experience on this switcher! We just got one, and I could really use some help on the audio mixing front.

We're using three P2 cameras, each with one lav mic, sending SDI with embedded audio to the switcher. Wrestling around with the menu selectors, I can get mixer sliders 1 and 2 to mix camera 1 and 2 independently, and not have them change character as the video takes between sources, but i can't get channel 3 audio to save my life. The manual and online videos don;t address how to deal with this, I would very much appreciate some hand-holding thru the setup process.

Anybody?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]