FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing and Synching 12 video streams

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miki Shalom
Playing and Synching 12 video streams
on Nov 4, 2010 at 10:19:17 pm

Hello there,
I'm due to start a project soon which will require playing a number of videos streams (from 1 to 4) on 12 different video screens. The base setting I had in mind was 4 PCs, each with a Matrox 3 monitor multi display adapter. And BTW, they need to be in sync.
given that, my questions are:
Can I use the matrox card to send the same video signal to all 3 monitors connected to the same station or do I need a system that can play 3 streams simultaneously (one for each screen)?
Should I consider a video splitter instead of a multi display adapter?
What do you suppose is the best way to sync all these videos together?

Will appreciate your help,
Thanks

Return to posts index

Joel Hufford
Re: Playing and Synching 12 video streams
on Nov 5, 2010 at 1:59:21 am

The best way to send the same signal to multiple monitors is to use a Distribution Amplifier, not the TripleHead2Go.

As far as syncing multiple video streams, I'm a big believer in Playback Pro Plus from DTVideoLabs. Others will have different suggestions I'm sure, but I've always found PBP+ to be easy to use and reliable.

check out dtvideolabs.com or search through this forum for Playback Pro Plus or SimpleSync.

Good Luck!

joel
Corporate and Special Event Staging Services
http://www.pacificstaging.com

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Nov 5, 2010 at 6:40:28 pm

It's tough to advise you without more details about what you're trying to accomplish and what your needs are.

You're thinking along the right lines by counting your physical displays (12) and playback channels (from 1 to 4) separately.

For a live event where you need show control, PBP and SimpleSync is a viable option. Other computer-based options include QLab from Figure 53, Watchout from Dataton, and Wings from AVStumpf. I'd suggest using a matrix router (rather than DAs) for connecting your playback system to your displays. This will allow you run a live second system for backup and easily switch between them.

If this is an installation that will run continuous loops of video without live show control, a media player like a Brightsign would be a very inexpensive and reliable option. Some of the models can be networked and synced.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Valentin Vasiliev
on Nov 28, 2010 at 1:11:29 am

Change PC to Mac and operate Modul8 if you can.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]