FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way sync video of lyrics with what the singer is singing

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lester Rive
Best way sync video of lyrics with what the singer is singing
on Oct 28, 2010 at 9:03:19 pm

I have seen this in a lot of concert I want to know how. What is the best way sync video of lyrics with what the singer is singing?

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Best way sync video of lyrics with what the singer is singing
on Oct 30, 2010 at 8:30:25 am

Live shows are typically actually no more "random" than recordings. Which is to say that touring bands commonly play to click tracks and backing parts that have been pre-recorded and have a specific pre-determined TEMPO. When that's the case, you can simply create a projection effect that brings the words up at the proper place in the score of the song and use a MIDI track to trigger the words.

If the performance is truly free form over time, then you have to find another way to trigger the advance of the visuals to the tempo. Again, it wouldn't be a huge problem depending on the kind of music and whether there's a waveform event like a kick drum or something that determines the tempo of the performance, you could just set a trigger to watch for the pulse of the drum and do the same MIDI trick for a computer's advance of what would amount to a series of graphic slides with the words in order.

If EVERYTHING is free form, and you don't know second to second what's going to happen next - then I'm afraid you have to hire some schlub to sit backstage and LISTEN to the singer and trigger the damn words manually.

Lots of different ways to get from point A to point B with something like this.

Those are just a few common ideas.

hope they help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]