FORUMS: list search recent posts

Intercom systems

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Castiglioni
Intercom systems
on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:46:20 am

I am Video Director at a church where we do multi-camera switching. At the moment we have 2 cameras, but we're about to add a 3rd roving camera. THUSLYwe need to add another headset box. And I would love for it to be a wireless headset. I'd settle for another 3-pin, 2 channel wired Clear-Com box, but I'm wondering: What options are there for wireless headset systems I could add onto what we already have without breaking the bank? Could I add a wireless transceiver from another (cheaper) manufacturer? Has anyone done this before? I've never been responsible for wrangling intercom components before so any help would be appreciated!

Joe C

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
Re: Intercom systems
on Oct 21, 2010 at 2:26:03 pm

Hey Joe, here is probably your CHEAPEST wireless option. You can get a set of Eartec transceiver units (TD900) and their RTS adapter box. That will give you a wireless link into your Clear-com, and then you can get as many transceivers you want at that point. I think the wireless Telex stuff runs about $2k a box, and that’s after you buy the $4k base station.

I have both systems, and have been meaning to get the clear-com adapter from Eartec (it’s about $500)

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Intercom systems
on Oct 23, 2010 at 7:45:09 am

Wired is ALWAYS more reliable. There are fewer points of failure, and you don't have to worry about coordinating yet another RF device. K.I.S.S.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]