FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live event coverage and web streaming

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian Plamadeala
Live event coverage and web streaming
on Oct 20, 2010 at 9:37:02 pm

Dear friends,

Recently i had a proposal to start a new department in my small video company, and that is live event coverage and web streaming.

The principal is simple:
3 cameras with HD-SDI output send the video to a mixer and to 3 independent video servers that send the individual signal to a web streaming software that allows the user to select its own camera, besides the feed that comes from the mixer as well.
The audio part is very tricky, as i need to give 10 audio signals to each audio embedder for the cameras, mixer and possibly a projectors sdi video feed.

Now i ask your advice on how to make this as cable-less as possible.

The way i figured the setup is

3x Sony NX5 HD-SDI cameras

1x Panasonic HS400A switcher (because of multiview and the SDI-through option that saves me the SDI splitters for each sdi feed i would need) or alternative (but with sdi through-s and multiview)

1x DVI to SDI convertor for projector feed

4x AUDIO to SDI from Blackmagic (for audio embedding the feed from the hose mixer)

1x Up/Down/Cross convertor from Blackmagic (for its 5 splits of the program from the mixer to backup of the Audio to SDI main feeds)

5x Decklink DUOs for recieving the 5 independent video feeds

5x servers for streaming to the mother server in the office

1x 16channel digital mixer (maybe soundcraft Si Compact 16) for multiplying the 1 or two audio source from the house mixer to 10-12 channels and then sending them through the aux sends to each Audio to SDI for embedding with the video feed).

Is there any way i can reduce the number of Audio to SDI or an alternative to decklink so i can bypass the audio embedders or do i need more splitters, or any kind of thought you may think worthy of expressing to a beginner from your experience?

Thank you,
Sebastian Plamadeala

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]