FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need gapless video playlist software.

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Neil Anderson
Need gapless video playlist software.
on Oct 15, 2010 at 2:59:30 am

For a live performance with accompanying videos, I need a Windows video player that supports playlists which can start a video with no gap between videos.

I need this so that between the main videos I can have an in-between video that plays for a few minutes while the next song is introduced. Once the band's read to play, I can hit the "next" button on a laptop and begin the next track.

I have the Adobe CS4 suite, if something similar is possible within any of those programs. I thought it might be possible in a Premiere timeline with the use of markers, but unfortunately I can't find any way to skip to the next marker without the playback stopping.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Return to posts index

Neil Anderson
Re: Need gapless video playlist software.
on Oct 15, 2010 at 6:17:40 pm

Interesting note: Using VLC Player with with MPEG2 videos, I can switch between videos nearly seamlessly--- but only if they are audio-less .m2v files. An .mpg or .m2t with audio causes the player to pause for a second before it starts playing. Does audio really take longer to load than video?

Return to posts index

Tyler LaMarr
Re: Need gapless video playlist software.
on Jan 7, 2012 at 10:34:25 pm

Neil, did you ever find a program to accomplish this? I need exactly the same thing for live performance. I'm considering building it with Virtual DJ Pro if all else fails.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]