FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG2 Decoder Hardware/Software

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Stroming
MPEG2 Decoder Hardware/Software
on Oct 9, 2010 at 10:50:55 pm

Hey Guys,

I have a WinXP machine with a Vela Cineview Quad MPEG2 decoder card, and I'm looking for some software that will let me play back simultaneous video feeds (4 channels in sync). The card came with a piece of software that we've been using called PlayAdvantage, but to tell you the software is terrible would be a massive understatement. I mean it is atrocious. You have to load 4 instances of the software (one for each decoder), set the specs and load the files in a ridiculously specific order, cue up all 4 of the players to the first frame of each video, then cross your fingers and hit play. You cannot stop playing it once it's started and then start the video over again without restarting the computer!! Obviously this makes using it in rehearsals, well, pretty much impossible.

So my question is, is there a piece of software that will work with my MPEG2 decoder card and playback the 4 video streams in sync? I looked into some VJ software, but I believe they're geared towards VGA/DVI output, as most VJ's control their presentations from laptops. I have no problem purchasing software, I just need something that will WORK! Thanks for your help.

-Jeff

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]