FORUMS: list search recent posts

alpha key on panasonic av-hs450 multiformat live switcher

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
simon zehentner
alpha key on panasonic av-hs450 multiformat live switcher
on Sep 16, 2010 at 5:04:06 pm

hello
until now i always worked with chroma keys for live production. but now i have to set up a key for graphics with alpha channel and i don't really now where to beginn. so if someone could tell me with which key i can mask pictures with alpha channel in general and maybe even on a panasonic switcher in particular i would be very thankfull.

best regards from austria.
simon.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: alpha key on panasonic av-hs450 multiformat live switcher
on Sep 16, 2010 at 6:48:48 pm

[simon zehentner] "until now i always worked with chroma keys for live production. but now i have to set up a key for graphics with alpha channel and i don't really now where to beginn. so if someone could tell me with which key i can mask pictures with alpha channel in general and maybe even on a panasonic switcher in particular i would be very thankfull."

You can self-key based on luminance (this is called a luma key) just as you do with chroma-keying. This is usually used to knock a graphic off a pure black background, but has a very limited range of transparency.

If you have separate key and fill sources, you can use a linear key. This uses the luminance of the key source to control the transparency of the fill source. Areas of the fill where the key is white are kept; areas of the fill where the key is black are eliminated; shades of gray in between allow partial transparency.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Chuck Pullen
on Sep 20, 2010 at 7:03:12 pm

I've just started working with a Blackmagic Decklink card with key/fill output. It eats up two very valuable inputs on the HS450A, but it does the job very well.

Return to posts index

danny nguyen
on Sep 24, 2010 at 6:54:52 am

hi Chuck !
i new to av-hs450n and new to all the lowerthird graphic for live. can you hep me on setting up ? i doing a live show really soon. i dont know how to set up external key t the hs450n as dsk. if i use the internal key on the hs450n the graphic easily get hole in it

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]