FORUMS: list search recent posts

PIP/Split Screen - Dance Recital Quagmire (cross posted in Sony Vegas Forum)

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Russell Robertson
PIP/Split Screen - Dance Recital Quagmire (cross posted in Sony Vegas Forum)
on Aug 24, 2010 at 3:46:50 pm

Hi everyone,

(since I’m using Sony Vegas to edit, I originally posted this in the Vegas Forum. However since the main topic is a dance recital, I’m sure many of you faced similar dilemmas)

I’m looking to create a quick workflow action/command/whatever to make a PIP/split screen – with the final result dividing the screen approx. 50/50 and a soft/feather like divider between the two. (horizontal division)

This past weekend I shot the ubiquitous dance recital. It was a fairly elaborate (4cam (EX1Rs), SD60i 16:9) shoot. Ideally I’d like to intersperse a split screen of a full group shot (bottom layer) with a panning CU shot riding above (top layer). I use Ultimate S Quad Cam as my editing foundation.

I’m ultimately trying to solve the endless dilemma of … “How to please all the mommies with some face time of their little darling (only slightly cynical here, they were all pretty cute – as a dad to 2 little girls myself, been-there-done-that, appreciate the long term value of such a final product) with capturing the essence of the group dance.”

Any suggestions, comments, tips etc would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

RR

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: PIP/Split Screen - Dance Recital Quagmire (cross posted in Sony Vegas Forum)
on Aug 24, 2010 at 3:50:48 pm

Hi Rick,

Might I suggest the Event Videographers forum, too? There is some overlap between our two groups, but there are some folks there who may have valuable suggestions that don't check here often.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Russell Robertson
Re: PIP/Split Screen - Dance Recital Quagmire (cross posted in Sony Vegas Forum)
on Aug 24, 2010 at 4:11:57 pm

Walter,

Many thanks for the suggestion. I will cross-post.

Thanks again.

RR

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]