FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video Splice

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kate Koyama
Video Splice
on May 5, 2010 at 3:48:28 pm

All right, I know I've posted here recently about a video project but now the dimensions and everything has changed. So I'd like your input on this one and I have a question:

the video that we're making will be displayed in a 960 by 2160 pixel dimension.

The way I was told to do is design the video in a 960 by 2160 vertically and they cut it into 4 displays of 960 by 540 and rearrange it in a 1920 by 1080 composition.

Now my question is how to I cut a video into for pieces, I'M USING AFTER EFFECTS????
I was planning to drop the 960 by 2160 video 4 times and positioned them into their respective quadrants, but this doesn't seem to be a very good way to do it.

The person has requested a quicktime video that will be played from a computer. So I'm assuming it'll be square pixels and I'm planning on keeping that at 29.97 frame rate...

what do you guys think?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Video Splice
on May 5, 2010 at 3:55:46 pm

[Kate Koyama] "I was planning to drop the 960 by 2160 video 4 times and positioned them into their respective quadrants, but this doesn't seem to be a very good way to do it. "

That's exactly how I'd do it.

The only thing I'd add is that you might see better performance on final output if you pre-render the original 960x2160 comp, or create and use a best-quality, full-resolution proxy for your original comp.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Kate Koyama
Re: Video Splice
on May 6, 2010 at 12:31:38 pm

you mean render my 960 by 2160 as an animation quicktime best resolution and then bring it in?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]