FORUMS: list search recent posts

Live Event Music Competition

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Berland
Live Event Music Competition
on Apr 16, 2010 at 4:22:02 am

I am having 3 camera w. iso shoot w/ live switching having program deck and engineer. Plus I am having another camera guy running around with sound guy and host. I am renting the all this gear that is hdx. How much you think that would cost for rents? Also I am how much you should I charge the client for labor? This going be like around 10 hr day.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Live Event Music Competition
on Apr 16, 2010 at 6:13:57 pm

[Adam Berland] "I am having 3 camera w. iso shoot w/ live switching having program deck and engineer. Plus I am having another camera guy running around with sound guy and host. I am renting the all this gear that is hdx. How much you think that would cost for rents? Also I am how much you should I charge the client for labor? This going be like around 10 hr day."

Why not contact some rental shops near you to get real quotes on the gear? I'd rather have a quote in my budget than an off-the-cuff estimate any day.

As for how much to charge, I'd refer you to another thread here with a similar question. Here was my answer:

I think that's a risky way to set your pricing, because without understanding your costs, you could easily undercharge and hurt your business. Better questions to ask might be how much it will cost you to produce, how much overhead cost do you need to offset, and how much profit would you like to make.

Threads like this one pop up pretty frequently on the Business & Marketing forum; here's a good thread that goes into this in detail on setting prices.

There are also many excellent articles on business here on the COW.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]