FORUMS: list search recent posts

What kind of projector should I use for this production ?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fredy Schwerdtner
What kind of projector should I use for this production ?
on Apr 9, 2010 at 5:31:47 pm

Hi Folks,
I believe this is the right forum to ask my question, I hope so …
I was hired to to record, edit and author 5 DVDs for a University. Now they are asking me to prepare a production for a 6 months seminar that will be every saturday.
One teacher will be talking in one classroom and they want it to be "broadcasted" (live) to other 2 classrooms. I never did it before.
We will be using a Sony HDV Camera to capture the images and we will need 2 projectors (and I believe 2 screens) to be placed at the others 2 classrooms and I have no idea what kind of projectors we should use. First we think in renting them but the cost of the service would be too high. For the price of the renting, in 2 months I could buy it. And that is what I'm thinking to do. But I need help and advices in choosing the right kind and maybe the brand of the projectors.
Could anybody help me ?
thanks in advance.
Fredy.

MacBook Pro 17"
2.5 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
(2) External HD LaCieMac (400/800 FW and USB)with 500GB -(2) USB External HD Western Digital (in cases) with 750GB
OS X 10.5.7
Final Cut Studio 2

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: What kind of projector should I use for this production ?
on Apr 13, 2010 at 6:14:07 pm

I'm not a projectionist myself, so hopefully someone else will chime in, and some more information about your requirements would be helpful for them. How big will the screens be? How much room do you have for projector throw? How much ambient light will be in the room? What format video will you be sending from the camera?

Also, will it be the single camera feed only, or do you have to mix in your DVD footage, PowerPoint, etc.?

Finally, I'm sure this is already on your radar, but since you didn't mention it -- don't forget about audio!

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]