FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I project on two screens simultaneously in HD? 2 blu-ray? 1 mac mini?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
TJ Hellmuth
How do I project on two screens simultaneously in HD? 2 blu-ray? 1 mac mini?
on Mar 6, 2010 at 11:42:48 pm

I have a video that is split into two screens for installation. The two sides are somewhat sunk together, but it can be loose. I'm trying to figure out how to display it as an installation. This installation also involves one other projection that runs simultaneously. We have been given one blu-ray player and one mac mini. So we have 2 players but we need three projections. I am ready to invest in another player of some kind but I'm trying to figure out the best option. I'm considering one of the new mac mini's that has two display ports. This would be great, but I'm not sure if it can display 2 HD 24FPS image at full frame rate. My macbook connected to a cinema display doesn't exactly show ALL The frames. Its just a little jumpy. It feels like 12-15 FPS. That test media is H.264 quicktime 720, at a pretty lean data rate. I can compress this video however I need, but I have to find a solution in the next couple of days. I'm willing to invest in whatever works knowing that either a mac mini or a blu-ray player will come in handy for other things. If we get a blu ray player, then I guess the museum people can simply press play at the same time on each player. Any thoughts? Thanks!!

TJ

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: How do I project on two screens simultaneously in HD? 2 blu-ray? 1 mac mini?
on Mar 7, 2010 at 2:37:16 am

One of the members of this forum had a similar situation to yours a couple months ago, and used several Roku BrightSign HD410 units, synced with GPIO. It's a pretty inexpensive and very reliable system.

You can read the thread here -- perhaps it will help you.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]