FORUMS: list search recent posts

3 projector set up- Optoma HD66 or TX542 or Epson EX71 with Matrox TripleHead2Go DE

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt caves
3 projector set up- Optoma HD66 or TX542 or Epson EX71 with Matrox TripleHead2Go DE
on Mar 4, 2010 at 6:34:31 pm

New projectors-
Optoma HD66 or TX542 or Epson EX71
I am about to buy 3 projectors out of these whats best, what have people been using? I will be doing mostly rear projection and am using a Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition for live event/ club visuals spread out over three projectors. I have a MacBook Pro with an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256 ram. I have tested the Matrox with monitors and that works so I am ready for projectors. LCD or DLP? I'm planning on running HDMI or DVI to the projectors. Needs to be road worthy, bulbs under $300.

Also a side question- I am looking to split out the analog video out of the DVI-I (with a y-cable) before the Matrox to monitor video and send to other sources. Will this work? Most discussions on this are unclear on that working. The HDMI/DVI cables to the projectors will already be on (quality) 50' cables. I know thats iffy too but should be do-able with good cables and not need an amp or repeater.

gefen y-cable:
http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&q=gefen+dvi&oq=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&...

Thanks much in advance-

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: 3 projector set up- Optoma HD66 or TX542 or Epson EX71 with Matrox TripleHead2Go DE
on Mar 9, 2010 at 10:03:57 pm

I'm sorry to see you haven't gotten any answers to your questions yet. I was hoping someone familiar with the projectors you're asking about would have responded.

[matt caves] "Optoma HD66 or TX542 or Epson EX71
I am about to buy 3 projectors out of these whats best, what have people been using? I will be doing mostly rear projection and am using a Matrox TripleHead2Go Digital Edition for live event/ club visuals spread out over three projectors. I have a MacBook Pro with an NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT with 256 ram. I have tested the Matrox with monitors and that works so I am ready for projectors. LCD or DLP? I'm planning on running HDMI or DVI to the projectors. Needs to be road worthy, bulbs under $300. "

I don't know either model, but in general I prefer DLP to LCD.

[matt caves] "Also a side question- I am looking to split out the analog video out of the DVI-I (with a y-cable) before the Matrox to monitor video and send to other sources. Will this work? Most discussions on this are unclear on that working. "

I would think that this feature would have to be specifically supported by the graphics card, and I'd be surprised if it worked. My inclination would be to use an active DVI splitter so that you are monitoring the same output that's going to screen.

If you do test a y-cable, I'd love to hear back about your results.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]