FORUMS: list search recent posts

Real time deformation

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roberto Etcheverry
Real time deformation
on Feb 18, 2010 at 4:06:28 pm

Greetings.

I'm looking for a way to make real time deformations and cutouts live.

Basically this is for events with giant screens, and what we're trying to do is to grab an image (usually trough firewire), quickly deform it; like the liquify tool in photoshop, or place it on a cutout image (like those "put your head here" photos) and output it to video either trough firewire or the computer's video out for a quick laugh.

Right now we're doing the cutouts by freezing the image on a switcher, then using a char generator to place the image with the head cut off, and a velocity computer that can move and scale live images in real time to place the person's face in position, but it requires controlling 3 different things and sometimes it can take either too much time or too many people to pull out. We wanted something easier for it.

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Real time deformation
on Feb 22, 2010 at 4:37:31 am

[Roberto Etcheverry] "I'm looking for a way to make real time deformations and cutouts live.

Basically this is for events with giant screens, and what we're trying to do is to grab an image (usually trough firewire), quickly deform it; like the liquify tool in photoshop, or place it on a cutout image (like those "put your head here" photos) and output it to video either trough firewire or the computer's video out for a quick laugh."

You should be able to do this entirely within Photoshop, if you have a video capture card in your computer. I believe both AJA and Blackmagic Design have Photoshop plugins that allow you to import a frame from the video input and output a frame to the video output.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]