FORUMS: list search recent posts

Strategy for getting projector fixed

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Herr
Strategy for getting projector fixed
on Dec 3, 2009 at 12:59:23 am

Hello all,

I dropped my Sony Projector and although it is emitting light there is just a blue image coming out onto the screen.
It is about 6 years old, VPL CS5 I believe, 1800 Lumens bought from B&H, NYC. I have an extra working bulb that made no difference when I tried it in place of the bulb that was in there.

I am going to search locally for a repair shop but wondering what I should expect in terms of cost.

I am trying to avoid paying $200.00 for someone just to check it out and tell me that it will cost another $400 or something for repairs.

How much should it cost for someone to diagnose?
And advice is appreciated.
Thanks,
Al

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Strategy for getting projector fixed
on Dec 4, 2009 at 3:01:17 pm

Hopefully by now you've gotten some quotes on the repair, but I'd be pretty surprised if it wasn't more cost effective to buy a new projector.

You could get a much brighter, higher-res projector for the same or less than you spent 6 years ago, and perhaps your insurance would cover the replacement?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Al Herr
Re: Strategy for getting projector fixed
on Dec 5, 2009 at 4:07:46 pm

Hey Walter,
I am hoping that maybe $200 could fix it and I doubt I could find a new projector for that.
Haven't gotten any quotes yet.
I might end up just giving the projector to the repair shop if it is really high quote.

Also trying to avoid doing a lot of research that is inevitable on a new purchase.
Also I have 2 bulbs (well one working extra) and that would save me some money. I haven't seen projectors for less than about $500.00 but you might be right.
Thanks,
Al

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]