FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to sync JUST two videos

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicola Giannini
how to sync JUST two videos
on Nov 20, 2009 at 10:40:36 am

Hi

I need to sync JUST 2 video together. The outputs are 2 LCD screen. The videos are 2 1024 x 576 videos.

The solution should be managed by people that doesn't have a strong tech ability.
It would be possible to do it with the VJ soft Modul8, a doublehead matrox and a minimac. But it would be not so easy to manage for them.

I'm looking for something like 2 dvd synched together.

Possible solution:

I've already seen the dvd pioneer pro, but it cost too much.

I was wondering if I buy 2 normal dvd players, same model, and I use one remote control pressing play. Do they start together?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: how to sync JUST two videos
on Nov 20, 2009 at 2:24:14 pm

[Nicola Giannini] "I was wondering if I buy 2 normal dvd players, same model, and I use one remote control pressing play. Do they start together?"

They would start roughly together, but you shouldn't much accuracy from this setup. Also, if one of the decks misses the flash from the remote control, you're out of luck.

If you're considering a DualHead setup, you'd probably be better off precomposing the two movies together into one wide movie; then you could use a simpler player like Playback Pro, PVP, or even just Quicktime Player to run the playback, and you won't have to worry about the sync drifting at all.

Walter Soyka, Principal
Keen Live, Inc.
Presentation, Motion Graphics & Widescreen Design
RenderBreak: A Blog on Innovation in Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]