FORUMS: list search recent posts

Translucent rear projection

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lupo Zin
Translucent rear projection
on Oct 11, 2009 at 10:51:22 pm

Hey,
we're trying to make a translucent surface that will be in a part of the decor in a theater piece, it moves around and from time to time it will be used as to project videos on it. it will be probably made of perspex or a different light translucent surface, it is 2 meters by 4. is there anything better than a translucent rear projection foil? if not, what will give us the best result?
thanks a lot,
Lupo.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Translucent rear projection
on Oct 20, 2009 at 5:10:07 pm

Search theatrical websites for "scrim". They are made of a certain type of fabric that is transparent (well, as transparent as fabric can be...) and that allows for images to be projected on it while, at the same time, allowing scenery behind it to be seen or not, depending on the lighting behind the scrim.

Wikipedia gives a good explanation of it.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Lupo Zin
on Oct 21, 2009 at 1:04:34 am

hey,
Thanks for your response.
I forgot to say something very important that I think makes the scrim less attractive. we are going to use rear projection. and want to keep the "black" (or less luminous) parts of the video transparent. if I understand correctly scrim can't do that.
thank again, and again,
Lupo Zin.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
on Oct 21, 2009 at 5:20:04 pm

Ah, I see.

I would suggest calling a production company that rents nice projectors (Christie, Sony, etc.). They should be able to assist you. Where are you located? We may be able to recommend some companies.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

Kerry Brown
on Oct 24, 2009 at 4:51:20 am

Try this. http://www.da-lite.com/products/product.php?cID=10&pID=335

KB

Return to posts index

Lupo Zin
on Oct 24, 2009 at 10:01:15 pm

Hey,
Thanks again.
We're Located in Tel-Aviv (Israel).
I was looking into marks like da-lite, reintek, and luminvision.
needless to say, we're a fringe theater and have no money. these already made things are still expensive for us. thought someone might have a creative idea. we're very much aspiring for that look.
maybe we can't d.i.y this one... still open for ideas about rear projection transparent materials that can be applied to glass or polycarbons.
thanks no.4,
Lupo Zin.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]