FORUMS: list search recent posts

VTQlist alternative for the Mac?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sandy Greene
VTQlist alternative for the Mac?
on Sep 18, 2009 at 1:28:43 am

Hi, All!

I recently switched to a Mac for some of my live event duties, and I need to find an alternative to the Windows-only VTQlist software. This program allows me to set in an out timecode for video rolls in a playlist and trigger the deck or DDR via a laptop connected using a USB-to-RS-422 cable.

Does anyone know of any software for the Mac that will do this?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Jon Tanner
Re: VTQlist alternative for the Mac?
on Sep 19, 2009 at 7:03:21 am

Unfortunately, I haven't found one for the Mac to replace VTQlist.

You could always install VMWare Fusion or Parallels and run an instance of windows. That's what I do when I need to run multiple decks.

Return to posts index

Sandy Greene
on Sep 20, 2009 at 12:16:00 am

That's so bizarre. The protocol is fairly straightforward, you'd think some coder would have done this by now...

Thanks for responding, Jon!

Anyone else out there know of a software solution?

Return to posts index

Bill Lewis
on Sep 24, 2009 at 6:38:27 pm

Dataton would work just fine, pricy but would work. Now who is using tape decks these days?? With Turbos and DoReMi why would you use a deck. Also playback pro software for mac will playback any file that QT will play. You can sync multi Mac for sync rolls. Apple QT for windows and Mac will playback video just fine also. I have had and paid for VTQ list, great tool indeed. But it's tim e to move on from tape playback these days IMHO.

Return to posts index

Sandy Greene
on Oct 8, 2009 at 4:16:31 pm

Thanks for your thoughts, Bill.

As to your question, "who is using tape decks these days," that would be the people who pay the bills.

Sure, you and I both know there are more convenient solutions than running strips-on-spools but the majority of my clients still need to use existing content on tapes to keep costs down.

To be honest, just inserting movies onto slides in Keynote is a great way to consolidate digital versions for a show. But I still need to control decks and DoReMis.

Thanks to everyone who's responded thus far.

The search continues.

Return to posts index

Bill Lewis
on Oct 8, 2009 at 4:23:43 pm

Well you are correct indeed on the tape. Boot up Windows with Apple Boot Camp and use vtq list. I use a USB to 422 adapter and it works great. Best running Windows computer I have ever had is My Mac Book Pro. Here is the source of that USB to 422 cable.http://www.addenda.com/addenda-elect/products/rsUSB4.php'> http://www.addenda.com/addenda-elect/products/rsUSB4.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]