FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multimedia Project Ideas

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Schmidt
Multimedia Project Ideas
on Sep 10, 2009 at 2:28:19 am

Hi,

Im looking for some ideas for my final year multimedia project. I am having a very hard time with creativity at the moment and would appreciate any advice. The project needs to incorporate at least 3 media, ie video;sound;images. It also has to be highly interactive, putting to use the modules we have covered in our previous years. We have covered graphic design, web design, animation(basic), sound synthesis to name but a few. I had one idea of maybe an interactive installation of some sort, maybe focused on music triggered by user interactivity or presence. But I am very much in the dark and unsure on a whole..

Mark

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Multimedia Project Ideas
on Sep 11, 2009 at 6:46:24 pm

Sounds like you have a very open-ended project; sounds like fun!

I think your idea of an interactive installation about music is a great start, but still very broad. It sounds almost paradoxical, but I'd bet you'd find it a lot easier to be creative if you had some more constraints.

You could come up with a thesis statement your project will make about music. Perhaps "music is rhythm" or "music ties us all together." Then, look at the disciplines you've studied, and think about how you can express that central thesis in each of these -- it should help you tie them all together into a cohesive whole.

You could explore a particular genre of music. Break it down -- what are the basics of the form, who were the great talents that shaped it, what was society like as the form became popular, etc. You could explore a particular artist, or a particular instrument.

Remember, the multimedia itself isn't the point; you're conveying some feeling or meaning on your topic through multimedia.

I hope this helps -- and good luck with your project!

Walter Soyka, Principal
Keen Live, Inc.
Presentation, Motion Graphics & Widescreen Design
RenderBreak: A Blog on Innovation in Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]