FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to find good mic and speaker system for seminars

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Vern Chee
Need to find good mic and speaker system for seminars
on Jul 26, 2009 at 4:38:33 am

Hello.
I am a Nursing Educator and having some vocal problems from the constant voice projection. I am in a 20 by 49 classroom with 3 walls and 1 wall of class and would like to get a good mic and speaker system. I went to radio shack and read some reviews online and was not impressed lots of complaints on feedback and poor sound quality. Google and found wirless mikes by REvolab and others but, of course they are wagging their own tail so wanted objective opinions. I would prefer something small like the wireless with small speakers like computer speakers but, not sure if this is strong enough or I need to go with a podium type with at least a 40 watt speaker or 2?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Return to posts index

Bill Davis
Re: Need to find good mic and speaker system for seminars
on Jul 26, 2009 at 9:16:29 pm

Hop over to the Markertek web site and search on Anchor-Audio/PB-30.

It would be a big step up over RS stuff.

I'd also absolutely go with the wireless (hands free) option. You'll be glad you did.

That should be fine for a room the size you're working in.

Also, remember to position the speaker unit between you and your audience - well in front of your position - in order to avoid feedback.

Good luck.

Return to posts index

Jordan Wolf
Re: Need to find good mic and speaker system for seminars
on Sep 4, 2009 at 5:01:16 am

Anchor Audio makes some good stuff - I recommend it as well. The Liberty system would be handy if you need to hook up a computer for audio playback, etc. It can also run on its internal battery or while plugged into AC power.

My only complaint is that the speaker is a weighty, so if you have to pole mount it, get a nice pole that you can crank up.

Wolf
<><

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]