FORUMS: list search recent posts

Scan converter recommendations

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel De Avila
Scan converter recommendations
on May 26, 2009 at 5:32:44 pm

Hello

Right…this is going to come across as an odd question, because I’m not entirely sure what I’m after.

I was looking for a high quality scan converter for use in converting a XVGA or DVI input (PowerPoint) to HD-SDI output, say 720p. It would also need to have some scaling features in order to help deal with maintaining a 4x3 (computer input) while outputting to 16:9. (not too sure how to deal with that yet.)

Im trying get high quality scan conversion of PowerPoint, similar to how Apple did their keynote presentations - headshot and PowerPoint/keynote in the same stream (picture in picture).

Hmm…that came off a bit strange.

Return to posts index

maurice jansen
Re: Scan converter recommendations
on May 30, 2009 at 7:55:13 pm

Hi there

I recommend the Barco/Folsom ImageProHD.
you ca also look at Extron TVone and Analogway

greet
Maurice

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Jun 3, 2009 at 7:56:33 pm

Scan-Do Ultra is what we use and we like it a lot. Also, they were very responsive; once when I had a tech issue, I got my email returned within the hour, with a solution, by the VP of the company.

Return to posts index

Lisa Farr
on Jun 4, 2009 at 3:26:41 am

I can recommend the Scan-Do as well. Had an issue with one of the solder joints breaking from rough use, another time we got some interference because someone jammed our box up against a bunch of audio and WiFi equipment. Other than that it's been very reliable, durable, and easy to use.

Return to posts index

Daniel De Avila
on Jun 16, 2009 at 12:03:14 pm

Apologies for the late response

Thanks all for your suggestions. If its of any interest, I was also looking at the following new product from BlackMagic. It might be a possible solution for me but I will need to look a bit more into it.

Again Many Thanks:

D

http://www.blackmagic-design.com/products/dviextender/

Return to posts index

Mike Golding
on Jul 17, 2009 at 1:06:08 am

I have to vote for the BarcoFolsom ImagePro HD unit as well. It's definitely one of the best on the market but not cheap. Analog Way makes some decent units as well and they are a bit cheaper.

The black magic unit in the link will do what you want but the tech specs don't list very many resolutions and if you output a high resolution image (like 1280 x 768/800) or greater it appears that the SDI output will be 720p or 1080 depending on the incoming DVI signal.

MBP 2.4 4GB Ram/FCS2
Power Mac Dual 1.8 G5/5.5GB Ram/Radeon 9600/FCS2
Aja io hd for MBP/ Aja io LA&LD for G5

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]