FORUMS: list search recent posts

mixing audio

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Dunn
mixing audio
on May 2, 2009 at 1:31:56 pm

I need some advice. I shoot weddings. I want to have better audio that I have been getting. I think I want to use two wireless lav mics, one on groom, one on minister, while still getting some ambient sound. Can I record straight to camera (I think so) I want to keep this simple and as low cost as possible. Do I need two receivers on the camera (one for each mic) or can I use one receiver, mixing both mics into the camera or do I need an external mixer for that.
Thanks.

Daniel
http://www.ddunnproductions.com

Return to posts index

Mike Golding
Re: mixing audio
on May 4, 2009 at 3:22:22 am

Sounds like you are looking for 3 seperate channels of audio on the video. The lav on the minister, the lav on the groom, and the ambient room audio

or

are you looking to do a single channel mixed by the 2 lavs with the other channel being the ambient sound?

MBP 2.4 4GB Ram/FCS2
Power Mac Dual 1.8 G5/5.5GB Ram/Radeon 9600/FCS2
Aja io hd for MBP/ Aja io LA&LD for G5

Return to posts index

Daniel Dunn
on May 4, 2009 at 12:09:32 pm

Really, which ever is easier. I also want to get nice audio. I will only be burning DVD's for the clients, so this is not a crazy high end procedure. Thanks,
Daniel

Daniel
http://www.ddunnproductions.com

Return to posts index

Mike Golding
on May 4, 2009 at 12:31:16 pm

Can you live with recording to an external deck? If so then it is very easy and the only drawback would be that the camera would be tethered to the deck via the video cable.

If no, what about doing a dual record? Record to the camera via the 2 lavs and record the ambient with another deck or camera. This would require a bit more post work but would leave you completely untethered.

Myself, I would shoot a tethered lock down shot and use a 2nd camera for the handheld and b roll shots. Then combine in post.

MBP 2.4 4GB Ram/FCS2
Power Mac Dual 1.8 G5/5.5GB Ram/Radeon 9600/FCS2
Aja io hd for MBP/ Aja io LA&LD for G5

Return to posts index

Steven Unterseher
on Jun 22, 2009 at 5:57:06 am

One suggestion that you might consider is feeding the wireless mic recevers and an ambient mic signal into a small headphone type mixer. You can get one that will mix and control the 3 signals and with a headphone output, you can monitor the mix in real time, and send the output into the camera's input.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]