FORUMS: list search recent posts

Syncing DAW and "VTR" with TimeCode

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon Shelson
Syncing DAW and "VTR" with TimeCode
on Apr 1, 2009 at 3:56:59 am

We've started doing a lot of live events where we are running a multi-track audio rig and also switching video live, recording a line-cut to a computer. I'm trying to figure out a way to have everything lock to timecode.

I've got the DAW working but just need it to interface properly with the video computer.

The T/C is being generated by a Motu 828 MKIII. It comes with software that not only generates the T/C but allows for it to be sent out any of the outputs. We're then running this into our audio software (Digital Performer). Digital Performer has no issues tracking the audio with timecode. (The project will eventually be transferred to a different program to be mixed in).

The issue I'm having is how to get the T/C into my MacPro which is equipped with a BlackMagijc DeckLink Extreme HD. We're capturing into FCP 6. I saw a device that allowed for timecode to be captured via the RS-422 port on the card but haven't been able to find it recently.

Thanks in advance,
Any support is greatly appreciated.
Jon

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Syncing DAW and "VTR" with TimeCode
on Apr 1, 2009 at 4:23:54 pm

Hi Jon,

Horita makes a LTC to RS-422 inserter; is that what you're looking for?

Walter Soyka, Principal
Keen Live, Inc.
Presentation, Motion Graphics & Widescreen Design
RenderBreak: A Blog on Innovation in Production

Return to posts index

Jon Shelson
on Apr 1, 2009 at 11:30:46 pm

That looks just like what I'm looking for. I assume after connecting it correctly I'd be able to set FCP to capture the video with the T/C from this device?

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 3, 2009 at 3:33:12 pm

I would think so, but maybe someone from the Final Cut forum or the Blackmagic Design forum would have some direct experience with it.

Walter Soyka, Principal
Keen Live, Inc.
Presentation, Motion Graphics & Widescreen Design
RenderBreak: A Blog on Innovation in Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]