FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hi AVStumpfl WINGS users!

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maxim Moisseev
Hi AVStumpfl WINGS users!
on Feb 12, 2009 at 5:26:01 pm

I've read the entire documentation and still don't get one thing.
If I need to set up a multidisplay show, do I need additional PCs running in slave mode, or I can use Triple-Head as with Catalyst?

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Hi AVStumpfl WINGS users!
on Feb 13, 2009 at 4:46:50 pm

Hi Maxim,

Using a Slave PC for each Display controlled by a Master PC is the ideal solution. But if resources are limited and your single PC has the oomph to handle the media playing at full frame-rates without hiccups, then you could use only that single PC (Master) as a Slave as well. This single PC is of course equipped with a triple-head graphics card (does any exist???). I use dual-head cards, but have not found a triple-head card yet.

With a triple-head gfx card, you then only need one licence key to run a 3-screen multi-display show with Wings. Note that by a triple-head graphics card (if any exist), I am not referring to the Matrox TripleHead2Go device which works differently.

If you want to learn further how to set-up a 3-display show, I suggest we take this off-line and I can step you through it, perhaps with some screen captures to illustrate. (But I'm having early nights and very early mornings with a full day outdoors till this Sunday...so you'll have to be patient). Else, perhaps Alex can help instead.

Thomas Leong
tleong49 at streamyx dot com
http://www.multidisplays.freeforums.org (for Wings specific questions)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]