FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiviewer Monitoring System

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeffrey Pritt
Multiviewer Monitoring System
on Feb 9, 2009 at 7:50:16 am

Hi all,

So, i'm faced with a bit of a hardware/cost problem, and was wondering if maybe the creative folks at the Cow could help.

I'm attempting to build a HDTV monitoring system for a control room in a 6,000 seat arena. Currently, the arena has a typical preview monitor scenario for their switcher. They're all rack-mounted, a mixture of color and black-and-white, LCD and CRT models. The set-up is functional, but sloppy, and inconsistent. As previously mentioned, we'd like to have everything displayed on one HDTV, like a multi-viewer set-up (Example at http://www.avitechvideo.com/media_command8000.shtml).

Our problem is, we need to do it on the VERY cheap. Like, under $2,000 cheap (Not including the HDTV)

Whichever set-up we chose, it would have to support 4 shoulder cameras, 1 robotic camera, INCA, Toaster, Patch, Program, Preview. So 10 total inputs, all using BNC composite (I think. honestly, I couldn't say for sure. It's all standard def, so I guess it could be SDI, but I doubt it). We'd like to have on-screen input labeling if possible, but it's not a necessity

First and foremost, does anyone know of any multi-viewer hardware available for that price? A system built to do this would be the ideal solution. The avitech is the ideal solution, but it'd cost $8,000-$12,000, and simply isn't possible

Something i've thrown around in my head, is the idea of somehow building a PC that could do the job. Simply use the VGA output to feed a large monitor. Of course, that would require some type of BNC loop through system, plus having some type of input/output method for 10 BNC cables. Does anyone know of any software designed to handle an operation like this? Has anyone ever seen a system like this used? Any hardware designed to handle that many input, looped through, reliably?

Any other ideas are of course welcomed. Also, feel free to tell me if this type of thing simply can't be done for that price. It's not exactly a necessity, but rather something we'd like to improve if we could.

Thanks,
Jeffrey Pritt

Owner
Pritt Entertainment Group
E: Jeffrey@PrittEntertainmentGroup.com

Return to posts index

Alex Horvath
Re: Multiviewer Monitoring System
on Feb 9, 2009 at 1:33:45 pm

[Jeffrey Pritt] "feel free to tell me if this type of thing simply can't be done for that price."

I feel free...No it canĀ“t be done for that price.
Avitech is one of the lower prices, look at Miranda, Zandar, leitch, tamuz etc...
The cheapest solution would be 3 Quads and 3 monitors from the surveillance departement...

bg
alex

multimedia and special events

Return to posts index

Dale Doebert
Re: Multiviewer Monitoring System
on Feb 11, 2009 at 6:26:51 pm

Not sure the price point....but his product seems to have what you re looking for.

http://www.x-viewmedia.com/contact.htm

Dale Doebert
dale@tiltmedia.com
Video and Event Producer
Tilt Media Inc.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]