FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advice for Sending Video to Multiple Screens at Tradeshow

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Smith
Advice for Sending Video to Multiple Screens at Tradeshow
on Oct 13, 2008 at 3:37:21 pm

I produce short videos for corporate clients. I've been asked to find a fail-proof method to switch video between a laptop Powerpoint and DVD output to 3 or 4 large screen monitors at a tradeshow.

I was thinking the operator could simply loop the signal through all the monitors and use the menu remote to switch input on a main monitor. This would be simple but I'm not sure if it's "user friendly". ;) soooo I was wondering if there's a simple interface out there like an "A/B Switch" to let the user manually switch between the laptop & DVD outputs? (I'm not much of a techie...that's why I'm asking here.)

Also... because of driving multiple monitors.... will the "signal loop" work or do I need to consider signal amplification? The monitors will be on a corner booth that will be probably 20' & 20' so we're not talking a long patch cable-wise. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Chaz

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Advice for Sending Video to Multiple Screens at Tradeshow
on Oct 13, 2008 at 8:21:01 pm

Hi Chaz,

First, I'd make sure the monitors accept VGA input. Next, I'd rent a hi-res switcher like a Folsom Presentation Pro (which will accept both your VGA from the laptop and composite, Y/C, or component from the DVD player) and outputs a VGA signal. Also rent a VGA distribution amplifier (which is essentially a powered splitter). Run one cable from the DA to each monitor.

This will be rock-solid.

Walter Soyka

Keen Live, Inc.

Digital Media Design & Technology

Return to posts index

Charles Smith
Re: Advice for Sending Video to Multiple Screens at Tradeshow
on Oct 14, 2008 at 5:03:19 pm

Thanks for the info, Walter!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved