FORUMS: list search recent posts

A student-produced interactive HD movie

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramona Howard
on Sep 11, 2008 at 4:10:46 am

Thought you guys would be interested in this

I only have a small blurb that Richard Weinberg from USC sent me on this project. Looks like the students are taking uncompressed a step further than most. Makes me want to go back to school to play with all the toys :)

We have an interesting project underway at USC using the Rave. We will be streaming a student-produced interactive HD movie, "Alternate Endings" to a high performance network conference at UCSD this coming Monday. The movie is a murder mystery, where the audience has to make choices about which paths to take through the story line. The Rave server will be here at USC, and the audience will be in San Diego. We will be superimposing two live hosts over the movie when a choice comes up, using our HD Ultimatte. The HD-SDI will be sent and received by Media Links encoder/decoders at either end, utilizing the CineGrid? network, and we'll be using a FOR-A switcher to switch from the Rave output to the Rave + live host output.

Thanks again for your support, which is enabling us to do this exciting project.

* Not sure if this is an open event. Please contact USC for that info.

Cheers,
Ramona
Rave - Setting the standard for VTR replacement and beyond

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]