Multiscreener - a Mac-based freeware

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas Leong
Multiscreener - a Mac-based freeware
on Apr 10, 2008 at 10:16:00 am

Available at http://www.zachpoff.com/site/software/software.html

The guff -
"MultiScreener is a set of freeware applications that synchronize the playback of Quicktime movies on multiple computers, using a local network to tie them all together.

It is intended for multi-screen video walls, multichannel art installations, and the like...Looping is available, and all settings are automatically saved for unattended startup..."

Return to posts index

Ryan Mast
Re: Multiscreener - a Mac-based freeware
on May 5, 2008 at 7:50:26 pm

That looks pretty slick. Does it work well? Any field-testing on stability?

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on May 6, 2008 at 6:18:13 am

No. I'm on PC myself and use paid-ware, but thought others might be interested in a Mac-based freeware. You could try writing to the programmer/owner of multi-screener.

Return to posts index

jake musser
on May 14, 2008 at 5:14:59 pm

I would like to play 19 unique synced QT sources. Will this software allow that? How many clients will be needed? I would like to play QT with window size 720x404, and was thinking of putting 3 per 30" cinema display +- 6 monitors.

Input appreciated.

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on May 15, 2008 at 5:21:37 am

Your best bet is to ask the owner/programmer of Multiscreener.

That said, generally, the requirement is one client per source/per monitor mainly because each is a fullscreen display. Then there is the additional requirement of a Master controlling and keeping all the display clients in sync.

Your desire of putting 3 per 30" monitor implies windowing or Picture-in-picture from one client, which most software can do, other things being equal (i.e. the hardware is capable of playing 3 layers of full res videos simultaneously without hiccups).

Thomas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]