FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video projection to building - please help

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ditha Angraini
Video projection to building - please help
on Apr 3, 2008 at 8:21:02 pm

Hi. First of all, thank you in advance for making time to read my question. I need help regarding to video projection onto a building. The animated video I'm working on is in a 32:9 format, to be projected using 2 projectors.

The video is done in After Effects. But right now I don't really know what is the best program to use for the projection, which still allows the animation to be edited on site easily.

First suggestion was to run the video onto powerpoint but I can't get powerpoint to play the video in hi res (won't take avi either!). I had to export it to wmv which turned out pixelated due to the size.

Then another suggestion was to export as flash file (but I really don't know where this is going! Or what to play it on as I'm not actually that familiar with flash for this particular thing).

I suggested to run on a dvd but it clash with the fact that it needs to be able to be edited on site easily. DVD would involved authoring etc...

Latest question I had was if I could run it from Premiere Pro and output it onto 2 screens (is this possible?).

Please help. I'm running out of ideas (and time). Thank you very much!

Return to posts index

Alex Horvath
Re: Video projection to building - please help
on Apr 4, 2008 at 12:01:11 pm

Simplest way is to have a PC with a dualhead graphics card and wingsplatinum (pro version) With this version you can use both outputs from the card as a panorama projection.

Not shure what you mean by on site editing, you canĀ“t edit during a show, but last minute edits before the showstart is always possible.

Best would be to look for a contact in your area.

http://www.avstumpfl.com/

good luck
bg
alex

multimedia and special events

Return to posts index

Ditha Angraini
on Apr 6, 2008 at 11:19:47 pm

Thanks for the tips. Yes we would be using the particular comp to produce panorama projection. What I meant by editing on site was to edit during the rehearsal, the machine I'm working on would be taken on site. So I'd have to have whatever program I've been using (in this case it would be After Effect and - maybe - Premiere Pro) and I'd have to make some minor adjustments on site, so that's DVD out of the question, because it would take too long to produce/author on site and that would mean we'd need extra equipment too.

I'm still having trouble trying to find the best file format to use to produce video with resolution of 2880 x 810. I don't know what would be the best program that would be stable enough to use to run it.

to learn the true meaning of victory, go and ask the defeated warrior

Return to posts index

Alex Horvath
on Apr 7, 2008 at 8:00:53 am

Best way is to render out your movie in a jpeg or png sequenz.
Import this sequence in Wingsplatinum. You than can treat this as a normal timeline,
Advantage is, if you have minor changes in you video just render out the affected area and replace this part in WP.
There is a basic version at Avstumpfl for free. Download this and try if you can get comfortable with this program.
The program is rocksolid and stable.

alex

multimedia and special events

Return to posts index

Ditha Angraini
on Apr 7, 2008 at 10:40:18 pm

Thanks a lot. That would certainly help if I don't have to render the whole lot. I'll give it a go. Thanks :)

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Apr 8, 2008 at 6:00:56 am

If you have problems running sequences fullscreen with Wings Basic, please post your questions at my English-based support site multidisplays.freeforums.org, and I'll try to answer them there, with screen grabs wherever required. Being software specific, I doubt if the Cow wants those questions here. Besides, I don't have any other way of posting screen grabs here.

Thomas

Return to posts index

Ditha Angraini
on Apr 8, 2008 at 11:23:26 pm

Thanks :) I'm still finishing the motion graphics right now. Will definitely pop into the forum if I run into more trouble.

Thank you :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]