FORUMS: list search recent posts

4 Camera set up dilemma

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ramil Pasibe
4 Camera set up dilemma
on Feb 17, 2008 at 6:21:46 am

Hi guys, we recently acquired the new Sony XDCAM EX http://bssc.sel.sony.com/BroadcastandBusiness/markets/10014/xdcamEX_overvie...

and we are thinking of trying to purchase another three. We are hoping to use these cameras for live coverage where multiple cameras would be used.

Anyway I'm totally clueless in terms of equipment set up so here's my problem:

Scenario A:
Is there a medium price range video mixer that would connect these 4 HD cameras - where the output is DATA (HD format. not output to HDV tape.)while you are making live edits and cuts and applying transitions on the go. What i mean is after the event you have a DATA file of "fast edit" that you did on that particular event. I know there are very expensive mixers available but is there a midrange price available as well?

Scenario B:
Supposing scenario A is possible. Is it possible that while those 4 cameras are connected to the video mixer - and that you have a DATA file of the rough cut or fast edit that you performed on the said event. - Is it possible that the 4 cameras are also recording direct to disk individually so that we get to save all the RAW materials of each camera.

Basically what I want to happen is that after the event we can provide the client with a rough/fast edit of the said event at the same time assure them that we have all the materials of each cameras in case they want a more detailed POST production to be done.

I don't really know if we have to set up another workstation (on the event) to do it - say with Adobe OnLocation and we are willing to spend- well - as far as our budget can allow, to set up this HD coverage system.

I just don't have any idea where to start. I hope you guys can point me to the right direction.

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]