FORUMS: list search recent posts

Powerpoint 07 issues?

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mick Haensler
Powerpoint 07 issues?
on Jan 26, 2008 at 2:38:40 am

I just finished an event where I had some weird PP07 issues. I was using a client laptop, new HP running vista and PP07. The first presentation was created in 07 and the remaining three in 03. My signal path is....laptop - 100'RGB - Extron scaler - component to Sanyo 10,000 lumen projector.

The first presentation ran fine. In between presentations I switched to a graphic coming from a YC signal, changed presentations, and switched back to RGB signal. The second presentation jumped to what appeared to be a 3/4 screen chopping off part of the presentation. My first response was to change the cable. I did and it cleared up the issue. The third presentation ran fine. But when I switched to the fourth presentation from graphic, it did it again. Obviously not the cable. Is this a known issue when trying to play an 03 PP on 07?? This is my first experience with 07. BTW, all the presentations had video imbedded in them.

Any thoughts??

Mick Haensler
Higher Ground Media

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
Re: Powerpoint 07 issues?
on Feb 5, 2008 at 7:20:23 pm

PP 2007 is absolutely the most bloated and unstable version yet to hit the streets. I would definitely recommend sticking with 2003. The bad part in all of this is that even if you bring a 2003 version, the client might show up with a 2007 presentation. MS makes a viewer only version, but it's as unstable as the full version. HP isn't much better with those silly VGA ports that can't be screwed or secured. Basically a recipe for disaster :-(

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]