FORUMS: list search recent posts

draw on screen??? during live feed

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wes Greene
draw on screen??? during live feed
on Jan 15, 2008 at 4:00:01 pm

Hi there,

I'd like to know if there are any solution to provide a "draw on the screen" type feed into a live broadcast.

During the cricket TV broadcast here in Australia the commentators draw on the screen to describe different elements of the game. They have a touch screen in the commentary booth so they can see exactly what they are doing.

I'd love to find a plug and play solution for something like this.

Any tips or pointers in the right direction??

cheers
wes

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
Re: draw on screen??? during live feed
on Jan 16, 2008 at 6:07:29 pm

Well, the original device created to do that is called a "Telestrator." Unfortuantely they are very very expensive systems.

One of my clients though runs an educational television studio, and I know they have a system that does that (an on-camera teacher can use it to do math problems, etc.)... and I'm sure they didn't pony up the big bucks for a real Telestrator.

I'll ask him... stay tuned...

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Wes Greene
on Jan 16, 2008 at 8:10:48 pm

That's great T2,

I've seen a expensive solution but can't believe it would be that hard!

cheers

Return to posts index

Todd at Fantastic Plastic
on Jan 16, 2008 at 9:01:06 pm

Hey Wes...

I heard back from my buddy... what they use in their Educational Television studio is a SMART Board (http://smarttech.com)... I was only able to give it a quick look, and some of their products might do what you need, but I'm really not sure. Seems as the ones that I saw (mind you, I just gave it a quick look) were mostly for drawing on computer-based output screens (VGA displays, etc.). I'm not sure if their products will actually draw on top of a "regular TV" image... but they might.

They are at least worth checking out to see if that's looking in the right direction. Their systems seem to start at a few thousand dollars and go up.

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Feb 6, 2008 at 9:39:24 pm

We used to do this (still do) with a wacom tablet and a Pinacle Alladin DVE in live paint mode, with the signal from that run back into the key bus of our switcher.

But there is some presentation software that does this on a regualr laptop. I heard about it a week ago, can't remember the name right now...

"Oh, you wanted to RECORD that?"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]