FORUMS: list search recent posts

Photoshop VGA Defaults

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Argyle
Photoshop VGA Defaults
on Jan 14, 2008 at 5:25:58 pm

Hello everyone. I'm a total newbie to event production.

I'm using a digital scaler to upconvert to the 1024 x 768 to Eike projectors.

1. But for a powerpoint presentation, should I build my photoshop backgrounds at 1024 x 768 or NTSC?

2. Also, what is the pixel aspect ratio (square?) for VGA video?

3. I guess I'm looking for the defaults for a photoshop document for a PPT slide show that will be projected.

4. Do you guys build your video projects at 1024 x 768 and playback through VGA in a laptop?

Feel free to answer any or all of these q's.

I'm a video guy just getting into live event production and need a little help w/ the fundamentals.

thank you in advance,
Todd

Return to posts index

Todd Argyle
Re: Photoshop VGA Defaults
on Feb 15, 2008 at 9:43:30 pm

After a month in the business, I'll post what I've learned so far:

. But for a powerpoint presentation, should I build my photoshop backgrounds at 1024 x 768 or NTSC?

Set your Photoshop PowerPoint default template to 10" by 7.5" at 100dpi. It's weird, I know.

2. Also, what is the pixel aspect ratio (square?) for VGA video?
It's square.

3. I guess I'm looking for the defaults for a photoshop document for a PPT slide show that will be projected.

Email me and I'll send you my photoshop template.

4. Do you guys build your video projects at 1024 x 768 and playback through VGA in a laptop?

I don't know about this yet. I'm going to try to playback out of Premiere CS3 to firewire and then upconvert to 1024 x 768. I'm thinking it will only look OK. I'll try to remember what I find out about playing from a timeline to a projector when I figure it out.

Feel free to answer any or all of these q's.

I'm a video guy just getting into live event production and need a little help w/ the fundamentals.

thank you in advance,

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Photoshop VGA Defaults
on Feb 18, 2008 at 12:27:05 pm

Hi,

I don't know about this yet. I'm going to try to playback out of Premiere CS3 to firewire and then upconvert to 1024 x 768.

If the above does not work for you owing to some latency/delay introduced, then suggest you have a look at the Basic version of Wings Platinum from AvStumpfl. This is the free version (only needs registration); meant for single screen simple fullscreen presentations with realtime rendering via a PC's graphics card. A high-end 3rd party card is not an absolute necessity as recently, I've seen the program output XGA resolution to a XGA-native projector from a laptop that has the on-board Intel graphics chip. The guy had 4GB of RAM in his laptop though!...again, IMO, not a necessity. 1-2GB of RAM will do fine.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]