FORUMS: list search recent posts

Multiscreen Entertainment Project

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Paul Hawkridge
Multiscreen Entertainment Project
on Jan 11, 2008 at 2:21:31 pm

Hi There,

I'm a final year Film Production student attempting to do a multiscreen project for my final year project. I've been looking into various solutions and naturally Watchout and Wings have come up.
Being that i'm a student, I'm trying to get help etc with little cost and plenty of good faith.

I haven't been able to find any resellers in the UK for either product to contact yet.
Do companies with either software rent them out in any form?
If so if there is anyone on the forum who would be interested in helping me out or renting the software/dongle for the performance. I would allow access to any media or my dissertation in return as well as a fee that we could agree on.

These are my first steps into the multiscreen world and any advice or help from anyone would be greatly appreciated, if anyone with experience in the field has any time to spare for a meeting with me so that I can learn from them it would help my project no end.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this somewhat long message.

Many thanks

Paul Hawkridge

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: Multiscreen Entertainment Project
on Jan 12, 2008 at 7:16:04 am

Hi Paul,

Contact me offline and I can provide you with a couple of contacts in London who may be able to help and/or advise re Wings or Watchout.

If you intend to do only multi-screens without soft-edged panoramics, check out the freeware digital signage software from Digital Recall in Australia. It appears to work on the same Master + Slave nodes via TCP/IP principle, but the free version is limited to 800x600 per screen area if I'm not wrong. Upgrading to a higher resolution is relatively cheap though.

Thomas Leong
tleong49 at streamyx dot com

Return to posts index

Nicholas Rivero
Re: Multiscreen Entertainment Project
on Jan 13, 2008 at 4:52:59 am

I have been recommending Renewed Vision's ProVideo Player. It does multi-screen arrays very cost effectively. I've looked into both the Watchout and the Wings and for the cost of a one week rental we were able to purchase our own 3 node-setup. Their software runs on just about all apple computers (we are using 3 mac minis and an iMac). It's just a software program that allows the synchronized playback of multiple computers at one time. It also offers features such as live color correction, mapping of a single image across multiple screens, and even MIDI triggering. If you have access to 4 apple computers, then all you need is this software to do a multi-screen setup. You can check it out over at http://www.renewedvision.com.

//nick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]