FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sound for the Studio

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Groom
Sound for the Studio
on Jan 7, 2008 at 9:48:14 pm

Hello,
Ok so those of you who read my last post know what my situation is, but I will say it again. I have a studio with a green screen in it. We will be filming a child on the green screen. There will be two or three cameras running from different angles and will be recording to tape. Now the question is what is the best way to record the audio. I was thinking of setting up a couple stationary booms with mics on them and running them to a Fostex VF160, which will record up to 16 tracks and then I can burn them to a cd and it will burn each track as its own on the cd. So if I record 16 tracks. Then I will have 16 seperate tracks on the cd. Does anyone have any better suggestions as to how I would get the dialog from the child? Thanks

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
Re: Sound for the Studio
on Jan 8, 2008 at 7:44:56 pm

Try a lav through a mixer , the distribute the mixer to the cameras.

With your CD approach how where you going to sync the sound to the video?

Did I miss something :)

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

Tyler Groom
on Jan 8, 2008 at 11:04:54 pm

that was going to be my next question is how I would sync the audio. Well anyways how should I distribute the sound to the cameras?

Return to posts index

Ryan Hodges
on Jan 9, 2008 at 3:46:54 am

we do this kind of thing alot, and usually i use a lavalier or a countryman over the ear thats flesh colored and just record to audacity on my laptop or cubase on my workstation. audacity is free and it works perfect for this kind of stuff. to sync it i use something that also helps is sync the multi cameras when doing multi camera switching in post: a little rig we fixed up very cheap that is an led light that emits a sound when turned on. so the cameras all see the instant the flash comes on and the beep shows up on the waveform and you just line them up on the time line.

Return to posts index

Tyler Groom
on Jan 9, 2008 at 9:06:40 pm

how would I make one of those?

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
on Jan 10, 2008 at 11:21:23 pm

Why are you guys wanting to record to separate device when you have tapes in the cameras?

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

Tyler Groom
on Jan 11, 2008 at 6:06:58 pm

I am just trying to find the best way to record audio, either using a mixer or using the canon xl1?

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
on Jan 14, 2008 at 8:42:48 pm

Record to the camera backs, then you will have sync'd audio. with no problems.

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]