FORUMS: list search recent posts

Cheap Live Video Mixer

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derek Van Winkle
Cheap Live Video Mixer
on Jan 5, 2008 at 11:48:15 pm

I need to find a live video mixer for about $500 or less. I was looking at the Videonics MX-1 or Sony SEG-2000A. The Sony has more inputs, but I haven't been able to find much information about it. This mixer would be used in a portable environment, but I will sacrifice size for cost. Will I need any TBCs or anything else with the Sony mixer? Thanks.

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
Re: Cheap Live Video Mixer
on Jan 8, 2008 at 7:41:37 pm

Okay that Seg has been discontinued for years so used video switchers = buyer beware. The Videonics does a job that is suitable for some applications. What is your application? I notice that you don't mention quality. Where does that fit into the mix ( bad pun )?

Andy Stinton
Corporate Video
Live & Stage Events
Business Practices

Return to posts index

Derek Van Winkle
on Jan 8, 2008 at 10:28:47 pm

The main purpose of this mixer would be to record videos for a high school and sell them to the students. The video would be recorded to DVD, VHS, and DV for redundancy.

Quality is always of concern of course, but we're not talking top of the line.

Return to posts index

Andy Stinton
on Jan 8, 2008 at 10:37:30 pm

The videonics is cheap an cheerful and will do the job.

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
on Jan 9, 2008 at 6:16:25 am

Datavideo has a mobile studio mixer, the HS-500 (mixer + 2 small monitors) in a suitcase form, but it's probably more than the $500 budget you have. Perhaps Ebay may have some offers.

Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

Nicholas Rivero
on Jan 9, 2008 at 4:12:59 pm

The Edirol V-4 is a good little 4 channel mixer but it's prob closer to a thousand. I'd agree on the DataVideo's especially with the fact that it combines the quad split output so you can view all of your sources on a single monitor.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]