FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best way to show a SD-movie on a CinemaScreen

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philbird
Best way to show a SD-movie on a CinemaScreen
on Jan 3, 2008 at 3:09:45 pm

Hey Guys,

in 3 weeks im going to present my first Documentary in a Cinema.

The movie was shot on simple DV camera in 25p.

Now the first question:
How should i export the movie to get the best results??
First possibility is to put it on a dvd and connect the dvd to the beamer.
Second is to render it out as an uncompressed avi (for example) and connect my pc to the beamer...
Guys if got no idea what woukd be best....

Second question is the audio:
if i just burn the dvd the audio is clear,
but if i render it out i could connect my speaker(Realtek HD onboard) out to the CinemaSoundSystem.
Maybe it would be good to buy a X-fi and use the simulated sourround output of the card, because otherwise i would just habe plain stereo sound...

I know i write a bit confusing but i cant help myself, so please be so kind and give me a tip how to do it best...

System Specs are:
E6600 DC
Gforce 8800 GTS320
HD Realtek Onboard sound
Samsung 7200rpm

Return to posts index

Vincent Becquiot
Re: Best way to show a SD-movie on a CinemaScreen
on Jan 4, 2008 at 4:46:48 am

Phil,

You could do both a PC and DVD playback. The problem with PC playback on such a long run is that there is a chance something will go wrong, especially with uncompressed, so if you are going to do that, I would recommend renting a switcher so that you can go to the DVD as back up. Just start the DVD playback a few seconds behind to give you time to switch if needed. Obviously the PC image will look better especially if you use a scaler to upconvert to the projector' s native resolution. The switcher should be able to handle that part, a Barco "Image Pro" for example would be a gopod candidate. Not sure what your budget is, so that may or may not work for you, but projecting DV on a big screen, you really can't cut many corners.

For the surround, that really depends on how the place is wired.

Vince

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]