FORUMS: list search recent posts

synchronised playback

COW Forums : Live & Stage Events

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ron Gilmour
synchronised playback
on May 24, 2007 at 2:45:27 pm

ok i want to playin two different video clips synchronously,
one in HD and one in SD (two edits of the same thing) to two different sets of screens.

thought of playing off two tape machines with 422 control but quite fancied straight playback from our G5's (with blackmagic)
ive seen VVTR and it looks ok but its expensive at

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: synchronised playback
on May 25, 2007 at 11:32:19 am

You could try syncmakerpro at Euro99 per licence (min. 2 for Master and Slave)...but it's for PC, not Mac.

For the Mac, there is Isadora at US$350 per seat. With a high end dual head graphics card and processing system to match, you may be able to get 2 glitch-free outputs from one Mac.

Or you could try Production Designer Studio also for the Mac, but this software's last release version seems to be Dec 2002, if the info provided is correct. Just
best of luck,
Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

Thomas Leong
Re: synchronised playback - addendum
on May 25, 2007 at 11:37:30 am

(I forgot one can't use certain symbols at the Cow, so the last message was cut off)

As I was saying...

...Just less than US$1,000 for a 2002 software! Wonder if there is any support?

best of luck
Thomas Leong

Return to posts index

AlexHuber69
on May 25, 2007 at 8:40:31 pm

Why don't you just do the project in HD, pump out an HD signal for your high-def screen... and do a live downconversion to pump an SD signal to your standard def screen?

I'm probably missing some detail that makes that not be a good choice... but it seems like it would be by far the easiest route to go, and you wouldn't have to worry about synching up the same presenttion from multiple sources.

A

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on May 30, 2007 at 4:09:23 pm

Alex said what I was goign to say; why not play the HD and run a live conversion to the SD monitors? The best synchro is the one you dont have to do:-) Yes, I suppose there would have to be *some* delay, only you would be able to tell if it was significant. You could, I suppose, add back a delay unit to the HD playback to even it out?

Return to posts index

Ron Gilmour
Re: synchronised playback
on Aug 24, 2007 at 9:49:58 am

well i used VVTR in the end,
it was a 3 projector wide/blend for the main screen so i needed hi def there, but the sd displays were 16/9 plasmas and i didnt want a distorted image there by just resampling down to SD.

thanks for the options though.
event went fine, i used an 'older' edit suite that played in the SD version but also outputted an LTC signal that our MAC with VVTR locked up to and that played in the HIdef, simple....
apart from only 10 mins to lineup the three projectors with some audience watching!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]